Sony Electronics Inc., a worldwide leader in 4K technology, announced its membership in the Dronecode Project, the vendor-neutral home for open source technologies like PX4®, QGroundControl®, MAVLink, and DronecodeSDK.
Sony Visual Imaging Solutions Group, located in San Jose, California, promotes a wide range of industry-leading, Industrial compact video and still camera products that offer advanced, high-resolution image capture capabilities to developers of commercial drone and robotic systems. By joining Dronecode, Sony will encourage the integration of its sophisticated, remote controlled, industrial cameras into a myriad of unmanned aerial systems within the commercial drone market. By way of example, many of Sony’s latest industrial camera products support stabilized telephoto optical zoom capability, as well as live view streaming and high-resolution local image storage. These provide high-quality image collection for a variety of the drone industry emerging verticals such as commercial inspection, mapping, remote sensing, and search and rescue applications. Sony’s broad industrial camera product offering includes these recently launched products:
- 4K Functional Camera Block with 30x Equivalent Optical Zoom and External Synchronization
- 4K Functional Camera Block with 30x Equivalent Optical Zoom
- 4K Functional Camera Block with 20x Equivalent Optical Zoom and Optical Image Stabilization
- 1080P60 Functional Camera Block with 30x Equivalent Optical Zoom and Wide Dynamic Range
- 20M Pixel Compact Lens Style Camera with Integrated 30x Optical Zoom
- 20M Pixel Compact APS-C Industrial Camera with E-Mount
- 12M Pixel Full-Frame Industrial Camera with 4K Video Output and ISO 409,600 Low Light Capability
- 12M Pixel Camera LinkTM Camera with High Frame Rate and Precise Remote Triggering
- 5.1M Pixel GigE Vision 2.0 Camera with High Frame Rate and Precise Remote Triggering
- 2.4M Pixel GigE Vision 2.0 Camera with High Frame Rate and Precise Remote Triggering
- 1.6M Pixel GigE Vision 2.0 Camera with High Frame Rate and Precise Remote Triggering
- 1.6M Pixel USB3 Vision Camera with High Frame Rate and Precise Remote Triggering
As Sony continues to innovate in the industrial camera market, SDKs and development tools will be made available to qualified Dronecode member companies to meet emerging requirements in the remotely piloted vehicle marketplace.
”“Sony is excited to join the Dronecode Project which we believe will have a major, positive impact on the future development of commercial drones offering unique, value-added capabilities. Sony’s product line of robust, high-resolution industrial cameras provides reliable, consistent, high-quality, image capture capabilities for a wide variety of use cases.”
John MontiDirector of Visual Imaging Solutions at Sony Electronics, Inc.
The post Sony Electronics joins Dronecode to broaden industrial camera integration appeared first on Dronecode.